Brunton Raptor Backpack Stoves are a great option for the backpacker looking for a sturdy, lightweight option on the trail. The stove works off of a canister fuel and has sturdy pot supports that allow you to use small and medium sized pots and pans on the stove when you’re cooking meals. These convenient camping stoves could also be used for a small base camp, though they’re really meant more for fixing meals and boiling water for one or two people at a time. Using fuel that’s easy to come by on major trails means that you won’t have to pack all the fuel you need with you, either.
Features of Brunton Raptor Backpack Stoves
One of the most convenient features of the Brunton Raptor Backpack Stoves is the match-free piezo lighter that allows the stove to be lit automatically. On a windy or rainy day, this is an invaluable feature that makes this backpack stove more convenient than many of its competitors. Here are some other features that make these stoves worth looking at:
- Precision simmering control allows you to simmer water, soups, and stews without getting them too hot
- One-year warranty means you can trust this stove to the toughest conditions without worrying about wasting your money
- Puts out about 11,000 BTU, depending on altitude, temperature, and fuel
- Boils a liter of water in four minutes or less
Pros and Cons of the Raptor
One of the best features of the Brunton Raptor Stove is the three arms that unfold to a sturdy platform for pots. You can balance even larger pots on these sturdy arms, which means this is a convenient stove for cooking for more than one hiker at a time.
- Stainless steel construction ensures that the stove will last for a long time
- Self-ignition is simple and convenient at altitudes up to 8,000 feet
- Weighs just five ounces and folds down to 1.7″x2.5″ – the perfect size for backpacking
- Comes with a padded nylon case to keep the stove in good shape while you’re hiking
- Burns up to 1.5 hours on a single eight ounce canister of isobutane fuel
- Unfortunately Brunton Raptor backpack stoves do not come with base supports, which could make them more stable. However, for many backpackers who can find stable ground, this would be unnecessary extra weight, since the stove and canister are relatively stable on their own.
Who Are Brunton Raptor Backpack Stoves For?
These stoves are a good option for backpackers who want a lightweight stove on their trip. They may not hold the largest pots you’ve got, though, so it’s worth a test run before you pack one up. When you’re cooking for just one or two hikers, though, this can certainly be a viable option for you.
Best Price and Availability
The Brunton back pack stoves are available at a few select specialty camping stores but you will obviously find the best availability (as well as get the best price) on the Raptor when you buy online. Click here and take advantage of today’s best deal now!