The Century Grasshopper Single Burner Propane Camp Stove is an interesting option among propane camp stoves. It has a unique tripod design that some users love and some users love to hate. If you’re interested in a single burner stove that’s lightweight and easy to set up even on uneven ground, though, the Grasshopper may be perfect for what you need. It’s good for backpackers as well as backcountry campers who simply like to travel light and who won’t be doing tons of cooking.
Features of the Century Grasshopper Single Burner Propane Camp Stove
One of the main features of the Century Grasshopper Single Burner Propane Camp Stove is, of course, its design. Rather than being designed with four legs or to just sit up on top of the propane insert, this stove is made like a tripod. This gives it extra stability, particularly on uneven surfaces.
Other Features Include:
- 10,000 BTU burner burns hot enough for all your cooking needs
- Pressure regulator gives it consistent performance and even cooking even in adverse conditions
- Uses a standard 16.4 ounce propane cylinder, which is easy to find even when you’re on the trail
What Sets It Apart From Other Propane Camp Stoves?
One thing that makes the Century Grasshopper Single Burner Propane Camp Stove a good option is that its legs fold up for easy portability. At less than two pounds, it’s a good option even for backpackers who are seriously concerned with packing extra weight.
- Easy to use burner can boil water quickly
- Can be used just about anywhere since it’s got a tripod shape
- Three pot holders keep the pot stable so you can cook even with a larger pot
- Fits nicely with today’s standard-sized portable propane tanks
- Some reviewers have noted that the stove does not sit level with a twelve ounce propane cartridge. This is because it’s meant to be used with a sixteen ounce. Although it can be modified for the smaller cartridge, using it will the sixteen ounce will net you the best results.
Is the Grasshopper Stove for You?
The Century Grasshopper Single Burner Propane Camp Stove is an inexpensive option for backpackers or campers who just need to boil water or do minimal amounts of cooking. It’s not as light as some options out there, but it can be more stable on uneven ground due to the unique tripod design.
Best Price & Availability
The Grasshopper stove is occasionally available at some local stores that specialize in outdoor camping equipment, but you’ll get the best availability + the best price – when you buy online. Just click here and take advantage of today’s best price and save now!